Pages

Thursday, February 9, 2012

This past August I was contacted by the folks at Extreme Makeover Home Edition. They were building another home in Columbus and wanted to know if I would be interested in volunteering my services. I was a bit leery initially, but decided to go ahead and attend a meeting to see what I could do. I came home with assignments to complete cushions for a fabulous Buckeye deck, and also bedding for the grandparents bedroom--and this was Ty Pennington's design-woo hoo!
Turnaround time is FAST--got the assignment on a Saturday, and work was due Tuesday. I had a mass assembly line going in the workroom with those cushions. Here are some pics from the workroom as I was plugging along.


It was really a wonderful experience--I am so glad I had this opportunity to contribute to this show. There are so many caring, giving people that make this show successful that run around in the background. I was amazed at how many people donated their time, services, and skills. The Rhodes family has a terrific, well deserved home now. How thrilled was I to find out this month that a new local magazine has a story about the show's appearance here and that my work is featured on two pages! You can see the my work on page 20-21 on this link:


No comments: